How do you get over hurt feelings? Here is a practical way to pray and apply the scriptures to overcome your daily hurts – big or small – using the OUCH method developed by Charlene Stamper in her Attitude Makeover series.
OUCH! – HURT HOLLY
Has someone ever HURT your feelings, or made you feel
What are we to do with the thoughts and feelings we experience when someone HURTS us?
Since HURT feelings are painful, why not just OUCH! them:
O – OWN how you’re feeling to God.
Bring it out in the open between you and God by praying something like this: “God, I’m feeling HURT because … she ignored me at the baby shower yesterday.”
U – UNDERSTAND THE ROOT.
Ask your Heavenly Father to examine your heart and give you wisdom to understand the feelings you’re having. “Lord, help me understand why I’m so hurt.”
C – CHOOSE JESUS.
Choose to follow His ways. Choose to stand against Satan’s lies. Choose to renew your mind with God’s word.
H – HOLD ON TO JESUS.
He knows what you’re feeling and He’s here for you.
FIVE SMOOTH STONES
Remember when David picked up five smooth stones to come against the giant in his life? Pick for yourself five verses that help renew your thinking when you are HURT.
Here are FIVE SMOOTH STONES to help HURT HOLLY renew her mind:
1. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted … Psalm 23:18
2. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own
understanding. Proverbs 3:5
3. I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to
harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
4. As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; abide in My love John 15:9
5. Put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of Christ rule in your
heart… Colossians 3:14-15
Other helpful articles
Copyright Charlene Stamper 2012. All rights reserved.